The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program awards up to 50,000 individuals per year a visa for a green card, which bestows permanent residency in the US and is a path to citizenship.
The Department of State administers the Congressionally-mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program annually. Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides for a class of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants” from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States. For Fiscal Year 2022, 50,000 Diversity Visas (DVs) will be available. There is no cost to register for the DV program.
Applicants who are selected in the program (“selectees”) must meet simple but strict eligibility requirements to qualify for a diversity visa. The Department of State determine selectees through a randomized computer drawing. The Department of State distributes diversity visas among six geographic regions and no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year.
The application period for the 2020 Diversity Visa (DV) program opens at noon Eastern Standard Time, October 3, 2018 and closes at noon, Eastern Standard Time, November 6, 2018. We strongly encourage DV program entrants to apply early!
Completing your EDV 2023 Entry Form Online
Apply online: Entries for the 2020 Diversity Visa lottery must use the electronic Diversity Visa entry form (E-DV) at www.dvlottery.state.gov during the registration period.
- Name – last/family name, first name, middle name – exactly as on your passport.
- Gender – male or female.
- Birth date – day, month, year.
- City where you were born.
- Country where you were born – Use the name of the country currently used for the place where you were born.
- Country of eligibility for the DV program – Your country of eligibility will normally be the same as your country of birth. Your country of eligibility is not related to where you live or your nationality, if it is different from your country of birth. If you were born in a country that is not eligible, please review the Frequently Asked Questions to see if there is another way you may be eligible.
- Entrant photograph(s) – Recent photographs (taken within the last six months) of yourself, your spouse, and all your children. See Submitting a Digital Photograph for compositional and technical specifications.
- Mailing Address – In Care Of
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Postal Code/Zip Code
- Country where you live today.
- Phone number (optional).
- Email address – An email address to which you have direct access, and will continue to have direct access after we notify selectees in May of next year. If your entry is selected and you respond to the notification of your selection through the Entrant Status Check, you will receive follow-up email communication from the Department of State notifying you that details of your immigrant visa interview are available on Entrant Status Check. The Department of State will never send you an email telling you that you have been selected for the DV program. See the Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the selection process.
- Highest level of education you have achieved, as of today: (1) Primary school only, (2) Some high school, no diploma, (3) High school diploma, (4) Vocational school, (5) Some university courses, (6) University degree, (7) Some graduate-level courses, (8) Master’s degree, (9) Some doctoral level courses, and (10) Doctorate. See the Frequently Asked Questions for more information about educational requirements.
- Current marital status – (1) Unmarried, (2) married and my spouse is NOT a U.S. citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR), (3) married and my spouse IS a U.S. citizen or U.S. LPR, (4) divorced, (5) widowed, or (6) legally separated. Enter the name, date of birth, gender, city/town of birth, and country of birth of your spouse, and a photograph of your spouse meeting the same technical specifications as your photo.
- Number of children – List the name, date of birth, gender, city/town of birth, and country of birth for all living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether they are living with you or intend to accompany or follow to join you, should you immigrate to the United States. Submit individual photographs of each of your children using the same technical specifications as your own photograph.
Be sure to include:
- all living natural children;
- all living children legally adopted by you; and,
- all living step-children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your
- electronic entry, even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.
You must provide the following information to complete your entry:
dv lottery 2023 registration form
dv lottery 2023, dv lottery 2023 registration, dv lottery 2023 registration form, dv lottery 2023, dv lottery 2023 registration, dv lottery 2023 registration form, dv lottery 2023 registration form nepal, dv lottery 2024 registration form nepal, dv lottery 2024 registration start date, dv lottery photo tool
dvlottery.state.gov 2024 registration,
dvlottery.state.gov 2024 registration, dvprogram.state.gov 2022, dvprogram.state.gov 2023, dvprogram.state.gov 2024, dvprogram.state.gov edv result 2023, edv form fill up, edv photo requirement, edv photo size, edv photo tool, edv result 2023, lottery in nepal,
mahzooz draw, mahzooz lottery, mahzooz winners, online dv form nepal 2023, photo requirements for dv lottery, uk seasonal visa, www.dvlottery.state.gov 2022